Trade Review - MRK - May, 28

Stock Selection Information


  • UPDATE: Jefferies Upgrades Merck to Buy, Raises PT Following SOTP Analysis
  • Three Big Pharma upgrades: Jefferies takes Merck (MRK) and Bayer (BAYRY.PK) to Buy from Hold and Deutsche Bank lifts GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) to Buy from Hold.



Watch List Reason - Stock got upgraded from hold to buy
Pre-Market Volume - N/A
Trading Plan - To go long above 48.00. 

Management

Entry Setup used: Long above resistance


Trading Comments

Reading the tape help a lot on this stock today. First the bids were being hit and price was not dropping. When it moved above 48.00, it was my entry signal confirmed by what I saw on the tape. Later the 48.30 level started to work as a resistance. When it broke above, it became by adding entry signal. Finally when it start to show that the sellers were hold prices, I hold out. 

Evaluation

I did not followed exactly what I had planned, closing my position before I wanted. My exits on the stock were not good. I could´ve taken a little bit more hit and get out at better prices. Still it was a good reading of the market, when I realized there was not much momentum, turning the positions into a holding one. Overall I was glad with the way I traded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment